Monday 13 December 2010

Bristol museum Exhibitions I Visited

Due to weather conditions I had to change which exhibitions I visited based on practicality.

I visited the Bristol museum, 13.12.10
I was particularly interested in the mini exhibition with the work called 'A stitch in time'. This not only was useful to me for the creative histories session but it also linked to my current textile project in fashion, containing free machine embroidery, applique e.t.c
This image of a section of the piece is really interesting, it shows how detailed the stitching is on this work!
Again this section shows not only the detail, but the accuracy of the work as you can clearly tell this is the queen, royalty.
I love the texture an detail in the section, even though the people have a slightly distorted effect you can still clearly see what it is supposed to resemble. I like the fact it's very busy and working on top of techniques: applique, embroidery.

This section based on Bristol zoo is lovely, it's very simple, but with the standard of stitching it brings it to life!


The use of stitching on this gorilla is amazing i think, the way different coloured stitching is used to create shading, gives the image so much detail and realism!



This piece was very interesting in the way its a figure of a dinosaur made out of terraces of houses, and the Brunel suspension bridge! Even has the muddy river (Avon)! Abit of humour within his work !


This again was very useful to me for my current textile project as mine is based on childrens toys!

No comments:

Post a Comment